Andouille Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya
Fast and delicious. This recipe is simple and the flavor is great. I add a little extra chopped green chile (from a can) but the recipe is fine without it. I definitely recommend trying it! — Lorraine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Andouille Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes w/green chilies
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup long grain white rice
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a Dutch oven, sauté onion, pepper and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add sausage, tomatoes, water and rice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp; simmer, covered, until shrimp are cooked, 8-10 minutes. Serve.