Andouille Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya
Very, very good!!. We made this exactly as the recipe calls for and it was wonderful. The only thing different was we did it on our Weber grill. Cooking time was about 45 minutes as we made sure the rice was done. Next time, we will add different meats such as chicken, ham or pork sausage. Also, it was good with a peasant roll. We both love spicy dishes so I would kick this up a little bit more with tabasco sauce or crushed red pepper. Overall, I would strongly recommend this dish. — Chris G
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes w/green chilies
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup long grain white rice
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a Dutch oven, sauté onion, pepper and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add sausage, tomatoes, water and rice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp; simmer, covered, until shrimp are cooked, 8-10 minutes. Serve.