Andouille Sausage Gumbo
About this recipe
Cajun goodness is yours with a quickness in this recipe idea from Johnsonville. This satisfying gumbo has all the great authentic flavors of a traditional gumbo in only thirty minutes! Johnsonville Andouille Sausage provides all the important flavors to bring this dish to life. Serve with Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice for a quick and easy way to spice up your next meal.
- 2 pouches Uncle Ben's® Ready Rice® Original Long Grain
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Apple Chicken Sausage or 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, diced
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Gumbo Filé Powder
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- In medium sauce pot, heat until hot. Add sausage and sauté until browned. Remove sausage and set aside.
- In same pot, with fat from sausage left behind add in onions, green bell pepper, celery, garlic and Cajun seasoning. Sauté until onions are soft.
- Remove vegetables and set aside with sausage.
- Melt butter and combine with flour to make a roux. Cook roux until it becomes a medium brown color.
- Add in water, chicken bouillon, sausage, vegetables, can of tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well to incorporate roux.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 30 min. Stirring occasionally.
- When gumbo is almost done, season with salt, pepper, and filé powder. Stir and mix well.
- Heat rice according to package instructions.
- Portion rice and serve with gumbo.