Johnsonville Andouille Sausage Deviled Eggs
It was great!. These were so decadent! I want to top everything with andouille sausage now. ;) — Kitty1985
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage, diced
- 1 dozen eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 to 2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup high-quality mayonnaise
- a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- a few turns of freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add diced Johnsonville Andouille Sausage. Cook until well-browned on all sides. Remove from pan with slotted spoon; set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and grate on small holes of box grater into mixing bowl. Add mustard, mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Add yolk mixture to a large sealable plastic bag.
- Fill egg whites half way with diced sausage. Cut off tip of plastic bag and pipe yolk mixture into the egg whites over diced sausage, over-filling the whites. Top yolk mixture with more diced sausage.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.