Andouille Sausage and Brown Rice Chowder
About this recipe
A thick, creamy chowder dish can be yours with a little help from Johnsonville. This meal uses delicious Johnsonville Andouille Sausage and Uncle Ben’s Whole Grain Brown Ready Rice to give the chowder a robust body. Corn, red bell peppers and Cajun seasoning give this dish a fiery appeal that’ll hit the spot in no time!
- 1 pouch Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown
- 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville® Andouille Split Rope Sausage, diced
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) corn
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In medium sauce pot, heat until hot. Add sausage and sauté until browned. Remove sausage and set aside.
- In same pot, add in onions, red bell pepper, corn, garlic and Cajun seasoning. Sauté until onions are soft.
- Add in sausage and cream. Stir to combine and simmer on low 15-20 minutes.
- Heat rice according to package instructions.
- Add the rice from the pouch and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.