Amazing Muffin Cups
Wonderful Make Ahead Breakfast!. I've made these egg and sausage muffins many times. I freeze them and take them out later for a quick, tasty breakfast - 2 minutes in the microwave and breakfast is ready! I usually substitute drained salsa for the chopped green peppers and chives. — Suzanne
- 12 links Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Hash Browns
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-Cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
- Prepare sausage according to package instructions, cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with chives or onion.
- Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve.