Amazing Muffin Cups
Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Also found in: In the Kitchen, Breakfast & Brunch, Breakfast, Gluten-Free
Who can say no to perfectly-portioned, portable breakfast goodness? This fantastic recipe brings together all the breakfast essentials: crisp, delicious hash browns, fluffy eggs, and fantastic Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage. Add some cheese, peppers and onions, and you’ve got yourself an excellent way to start the day!
- Servings: 12
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 40 minutes
Amazing Muffin Cups
What you need
- 3 cups Ore-Ida® Country Style Hash Browns, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 links
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Shredded 4-Cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- fresh chives or green onions, chopped
- 1 In a bowl, combine the hash browns, butter, salt and pepper.
- 2 Press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups.
- 3 Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4 Meanwhile, cook sausage according to package directions; cut into ½-inch pieces.
- 5 Divide sausage among muffin cups.
- 6 Combine the eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon over sausage. Sprinkle with chives.
- 7 Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until set and an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE
Simple & quick!
We're partial to the four cheese sausages in my family!
Egg cups look delicious
Tastes great, instructions lacking
First, measure the hash browns thawed, don't measure then thaw or you don't have enough.
Second, I added a couple extra eggs to the recipe as I didn't seem to have enough egg mixture. However, after baked, they were quite raised above the pan. The recipe didn't say how full to fill the cups.
Third, it would have been wonderful to know whether to let them cool or not before removing. I let them cool a few minutes before removing. The hash browns did stick to the pan so use extra spray to make sure you really get the the muffin tins coated!!
All in all, this was a great recipe and it gives me an already made breakfast for my husband when he gets home in the morning after working nights. It gives me a little more sleep time before having to get up. I will for sure be making this again.
Question, can the muffin cups be baked ahead, frozen and then reheated at a later date?
Thanks so much for any insight.