Amazing Muffin Cups
Excellent!. Made them with their Vermont Maple Syrup Sausage Links, and they were wonderful! Quick and easy, whipped them up for Christmas morning breakfast. Have plenty leftover, and am hoping that the 2 minutes in the microwave will be perfect. — Kathy
- 12 links Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Hash Browns
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-Cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
- Prepare sausage according to package instructions, cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with chives or onion.
- Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve.