Easy and Family Loves. Made this last weekend and everyone loved. I had chicken and shrimp on hand so I added both in with the sausage. Used dried parsley in place of fresh. This has been requested for Christmas Eve and I've decided this will be our new tradition. Homemade cheese biscuits are the perfect addition. — Abby W
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 ounce raw shrimp, peeled and deveined or 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Creaole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 box (8 ounces) Jambalaya rice mix
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained and divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine sausage, shrimp or chicken with Cajun Creole seasoning; toss to coat.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add sausage, shrimp or chicken, cooking and stirring until shrimp turn pink or chicken is no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- In addition, add one-half of the tomatoes into the rice preparation.
- After 12 minutes of cooking, add remaining tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and parsley.
- Continue to cook on low, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Add sausage, shrimp or chicken to rice; stir until heated through. Serve.