123. This was my first time trying jambalaya and it was the bomb. I used the sausage and shrimp in mine, it was gooooood!!!! — Myra
- 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville® Andouille Dinner Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 ounce raw shrimp, peeled and deveined or 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Creaole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 box (8 ounces) Jambalaya rice mix
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained and divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine sausage, shrimp or chicken with Cajun Creole seasoning; toss to coat.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add sausage, shrimp or chicken, cooking and stirring until shrimp turn pink or chicken is no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- In addition, add one-half of the tomatoes into the rice preparation.
- After 12 minutes of cooking, add remaining tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and parsley.
- Continue to cook on low, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Add sausage, shrimp or chicken to rice; stir until heated through. Serve.