1-2-3 jambalaya . this food is so good i will make it again & again. — Campos
- 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville® Andouille Dinner Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch coins
- 1/2 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined OR boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1- inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 box (8 ounces) jambalaya rice mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, toss Johnsonville® Andouille Dinner Sausage, shrimp or chicken and Creole seasoning. In a skillet, cook the sausage mixture in oil over medium heat until shrimp or chicken is fully cooked; set aside.
- Prepare jambalaya rice mix according to package directions, adding half of the tomatoes.
- About ten minutes before the rice is done and while it is still firm, add the remaining tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and parsley. Partially cover and finish cooking. Stir in sausage mixture.
- To serve, taste and adjust seasonings, adding a little additional Creole seasoning if you want it more spicy. Spoon into large bowls.