Perfect lighter sausage. If you have been disappointed by chicken or turkey Italian sausages in the past, this is the product for you. This has that magnificent pork flavor you love and half the fat. I've used these as links with pasta and I've fried them up out of the casings as a pizza topping, delicious! Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and you'll be enjoying wonderful hot Italian sausage. My only criticism of this fine product is it is often hard to find. — BT53See All Reviews
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray.
- Add sausage.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Carefully add ½ cup water to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the sausage internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Preheat grill to medium-low. (if charcoal, allow charcoal to burn until white ash has formed on the coals.)
- Grill sausage, covered, for 12-20 minutes or until browned and the sausage internal temparature reaches 165°F, turning links often. (Closing the grill lid while cooking helps to minimize flare-ups.)
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place links on a broiler pan or foil-lined baking pan on center oven rack (7-9 in. from heat source).
- Broil for 12-13 minutes or until sausage internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Turn links every 3 minutes to help prevent splitting.
- Cook in a covered pan at medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
For optimum freshness, keep refrigerated and prepare within 3 days of purchase, otherwise freeze for up to 30 days.
Pork, chicken, water, corn syrup and less than 2% of the following: salt, potassium lacate, dextrose, spices, natural flavors, paprika, monosodium glutamate, flavorings, sodium diacetate, BHA, propyl gallate, citric acid