The Best Sausage I Ever Ate... (Review for Hot Italian Saucage, Not Mild). On a whim a couple of weeks ago, I thought I'd buy some sausage while in the meat department. I picked up Johnsonville Hot Italian at my Local Grocery Store here in Edmonton. I let it sit a little less then a week in the fridge, then thought, ah, I'll cook up so,e sausage... It was the best sausage I ever ate. So I went and bought 4 packages yesterday, and I cooked up a package and ate it myself yesterday, and today... I'm glad my girlfriend is not into eating sausages, because, I have all of this great food to myself every time. Generally I never take note of what company is packaging/making what kind of meat, but I will tell you... After I tried my first bite of the sausage, I was like, MMMMM, Yummy, so I immediately went to where I threw the package, (in the garbage) and looked at what company made this... I am now hooked on Johnsonville HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE... I never tried the Mild yet... I am not sure where to review the HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE here, so I am putting my Review here... Awesome Sausage... — Barry J.See All Reviews
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray.
- Add sausage.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Carefully add ½ cup water to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-low. (If charcoal, allow it to burn until white ash has formed on the coals.)
- Place links on grill and use tongs to turn links often.
- Grill covered for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and browned. (Closing the grill lid while cooking helps minimize flare-ups.)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place links on broiler pan or foil-lined baking pan on center oven rack (7-9 in. from heat).
- Broil for 11-12 minutes or until sausage internal temperature reaches 160°F, turning links every 4 minutes.
- Medium temperature in a covered pan for 8-10 minutes.
For optimum freshness, keep refrigerated and prepare within 3 days of purchase, otherwise freeze for up to 30 days.
Pork, water, corn syrup and less than 2% of the following: natural pork broth with natural flavorings, salt, dextrose, spice, paprika, monosodium glutamate, flavorings, BHA, propyl gallate, citric acid.