Mmm mmm mmm. Just made the hot Italian sausage for the first time.. I took them out of the casing.. flatten them in a frying pan and cooked with a bunch of onion slices.. They were absolutely delicious!! I am on a low-carb diet.. This was actually a meal I really enjoyed .. I plan on eating it again! Only had one sausage.. have to watch my fat content.. but it was enough :) — DorothySee All Reviews
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray.
- Add sausage.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Carefully add ½ cup water to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-low. (If charcoal, allow it to burn until white ash has formed on the coals.)
- Place links on grill and use tongs to turn links often.
- Grill covered for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and browned. (Closing the grill lid while cooking helps minimize flare-ups.)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place links on broiler pan or foil-lined baking pan on center oven rack (7-9 in. from heat).
- Broil for 11-12 minutes or until sausage internal temperature reaches 160°F, turning links every 4 minutes.
- Medium temperature in a covered pan for 8-10 minutes.
For optimum freshness, keep refrigerated and prepare within 3 days of purchase, otherwise freeze for up to 30 days.
Pork, water, corn syrup and less than 2% of the following: natural pork broth with natural flavorings, salt, spice, dextrose, paprika, monosodium glutamate, flavorings, BHA, propyl gallate, citric acid.