I ask my husband "What would you like for supper?" He answers, "Got any brats...I'll have one.". We purchase the Johnsonville brand of products on a regular basis. For dinner my husband's favorite choice is a Beer Brat. (The truth is that he requests this 6 out of 7 days a week.) He makes meal prep so easy for me with his request of a fried brat served on a toasted brat bun. Dinner prep consists of heating a small fry pan while one brat is microwaved for 30 seconds. Once the pan is heated I add oil, brat, and potato of choice. Just before the the brat turns perfectly brown, the bun is added to the pan and browned lightly. Once all is done I plate his brat and potato choice. My meal is plated and we enjoy our meals together. The flavor of the brat has a light beer taste and an aroma to match. The seasoning ratio is a perfect blend with the pork mixture for the brat. As you bite into the brat the texture is medium firm to the bite and moist. So SO Yummy! The coupons offered via newspaper have made the grocery bill a little lower for Johnsonville products. We consume 5 to 6 packages a month. Thank you for producing quality products that we use almost everyday. — Just us TwoSee All Reviews
These products are fully cooked and ready to eat out of the package or be prepared to your liking!
- Preheat gas grill to medium–low heat. (If charcoal, allow it to burn until white ash has formed on the coals.)
- Place links on grill about 7-9 inches above the heat source.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes, turning the links frequently. If possible, use tongs rather than a fork to prevent casings from puncture.
- Place links in a pan, add ½ inch of water and cover.
- Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes, turning often.
- Remove links from package, place in microwave-safe dish.
- Add water to cover links.
- Cover dish, heat on high for 1 minute 45 seconds.
- Turn links, heat again 1 minute 45 seconds.
- Let stand for 1-2 minutes prior to serving.
For optimum freshness, keep refrigerated and use by the date stamped on package. Open packages should be consumed within 7 days, or frozen no longer than 30 days. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
Pork, water, beer and less than 2% of the following: salt, potassium lactate, corn syrup, dextrose, spice, monosodium glutamate, natural flavors, sodium phosphate, sodium diacetate, lemon juice powder (maltodextrin, lemon juice solids), collagen casing.