Award for Export Excellence
Johnsonville One of 32 Firms Recognized with Export Award
Johnsonville was among 31 other U.S. companies and organizations recognized this week by U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross for excellence and growth in export operations. Johnsonville was one of only three companies receiving the “E” Star Award for Exports, which recognizes previous “E” Awardees that have reported four years of additional export growth. Johnsonville was first recognized with the “E” award in 2008 for its export business efforts.
Ross honored these companies and organizations during the 2017 President’s “E” Awards ceremony. Companies representing 23 states and Guam were recognized as part of the 55th anniversary of the award. This year’s honorees included small and medium-sized businesses and manufacturers.
“As we kick off World Trade Week, it is a pleasure to honor these companies who increase our domestic exports and create good paying jobs for the American people,” said Secretary Ross. Four members from Johnsonville’s international business team were in Washington, D.C., to accept the award. Johnsonville committed to building its international business more than a decade ago, and is now selling its sausage products in 40 countries.
The President’s “E” Award is the highest recognition any U.S. entity can receive for making a significant contribution to the expansion of U.S. exports. In 1961, President Kennedy signed an executive order reviving the World War II “E” symbol of excellence to honor and provide recognition to America's exporters.
This year, 16 companies and organizations were honored with the “E” Award for Exports for demonstrating a sustained increase in export sales over a four-year period. There were 11 companies and organizations that assisted and facilitated export activities and received the “E” Award for Export Service. And, two companies were awarded the “E” Star Award for Export Service, which recognizes previous “E” Awardees that have shown four years of continued support of exporters since first winning the “E” Award. The 2017 “E” Awardees are:
“E” Award for Exports
- ACMT, Inc. – Manchester, Conn.
- Arrow Dynamics, LLC – Sunrise, Fla.
- Aseptico, Inc. – Woodinville, Wash.
- Atlas Devices – Boston, Mass.
- Atlas RFID Solutions – Birmingham, Ala.
- Davenport Aviation, Inc. – Columbus, Ohio
- Hoosier Gasket Corporation – Indianapolis, Ind.
- JMC NC, Inc. – Durham, N.C.
- Lafe’s Natural BodyCare – Austin, Texas
- Leosons Overseas Corporation – Albany, N.Y.
- Lucigen Corporation – Middleton, Wis.
- Preservation Technologies, L.P. – Cranberry Township, Penn.
- ServerLIFT Corporation – Phoenix, Ariz.
- SnowPure Water Technologies – San Clemente, Calif.
- University of Colorado Boulder – Boulder, Colo.
- Western New England University – Springfield, Mass.
“E” Award for Export Service
- Bestway International, Inc. - Kansas City, Mo.
- Cosmoprof North America – Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Fisher College of Business – Columbus, Ohio
- Guam Visitors Bureau – Tumon, Guam
- International Tourism Marketing – Englewood, Colo.
- Interpreters and Translators, Inc. – Manchester, Conn.
- Kansas Global Trade Services – Wichita, Kan.
- MEDC International Trade Program – Lansing, Mich.
- North Dakota Trade Office – Fargo, N.D.
- Worldwide Logistics, Ltd. – Paramus, N.Y.
- World Trade Consult, LLC – Saint Charles, Mo.
“E” Star Award for Exports
- ECS International, Inc. – Fort Worth, Texas
- Holmes Corporation – Eagan, Minn.
- Johnsonville, LLC – Sheboygan Falls, Wis.
“E” Star Award for Export Service
- Lafayette International Center – Lafayette, La.
- The New Jersey Office of International Business Development & Protocol – Trenton, N.J.
American companies are nominated for “E” Awards through the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service office network, located within the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. Record years of successive export growth and an applicant’s demonstration of an innovative international marketing plan that led to the increase in exports is a significant factor in selecting the overall winners.
For more information about the “E” Awards and the benefits of exporting, visit www.export.gov.
U.S. Secretary of Commerce press contact: 202-482-4883 / firstname.lastname@example.org