helpful tip of the week
March is National Nutrition Month
March is National Nutrition Month, and this year’s theme is “Get Your Plate in Shape.” Here are a few easy ways to do just that:
- Fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables- the more colors the better!
- Make at least half your grains whole- choose 100% whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat milk.
- Vary your protein choices - eat a variety of foods from the protein group each week, such as seafood, beans and nuts, as well as lean meats, like Johnsonville Chicken Sausage.
- Cut back on sodium and empty calories from solid fats and added sugars.